LOPEZ ISLAND PARENT TEACHER STUDENT ASSOCIATION (LIPTSA)
Who Are We?
We are a Member-Led, Non-Profit Organization in support of LISD Students, families and the school. LIPSTA is supported and guided by WSPTA and the national PTA.
The mission of the National PTA:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children, and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The goals of the Lopez Island Parent-Teacher-Student Association (LIPTSA) are:
- To increase positive communication between parents, teachers and community,
- To provide programs that enrich and broaden our children’s educational experience,
- To provide parent and family programs that focus on fun and/or educational issues that are of interest to the membership, and
- To organize special activities throughout the school year to demonstrate our appreciation for our excellent teachers and staff.
2020/2021 LIPTSA Goals
- Create engagement opportunities for Elementary AND Secondary students
- Deepen Membership engagement, including student engagement
- Reach 100 members, including 20 student members.
- Host three community events
- Broaden membership diversity with outreach
Health, Well-Being and Safety
- Link families to resources through our Newsletter, a resource list on our website and our social media accounts.
- Support programs that support the social and emotional health of students.
- Be a voice at the table in committees pertaining to Health, Well-Being and Safety at the school.
- Advocate for all students in a respectful and collaborative way.
- Provide training or programs to connect families with advocacy tools to help them be successful advocates for their
THANK YOU to our Community!
The Lopez Island Parent-Teacher-Student Association (LIPTSA) is incredibly grateful and thankful to all of our volunteers, families, organizations, along with the dedicated staff and administration, throughout the school year, for supporting our mission.